Don't settle for low quality when it comes to your joint health!
Use JointFix to maintain healthy joints and to aid in the relief of joint pain.
What causes joint pain?
Any degeneration or injury to joint cartilage can result in the failure of the joint to produce sufficient cartilage repair and maintenance substances. The net result with time is a wearing down of joint cartilage to the point where pain and swelling can substantially reduce joint function. The layer of joint cartilage becomes thinner and less elastic to the point where bone may actually be rubbing against bone. This severely aggravates the nerve endings around the joint and results in constant pain signals to the brain.
What are the active ingredients in JointFix?
JointFix contains glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate. Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate are not drugs; they are substances extracted from animal tissue: glucosamine from sea shells; and chondroitin sulfate from animal cartilage. Both substances have been used in Europe for many years as a remedy for painful joints, with few reported side effects. They both have anti-inflammatory effects that account for the pain relief.
How do glucosamine and chondroitin work?
· Glucosamine sulfate functions as the primary building block for proteoglycans, large molecules in cartilage that give it viscoelastic (buffering) properties. Glucosamine is a naturally occurring compound composed of a sugar and an amino acid and is involved with the body's production of joint lubricants and shock absorption. It is manufactured in the body and is necessary to maintain and restore healthy joint performance. When taken orally as a supplement, glucosamine sulfate is absorbed readily into the system and can be traced to cartilage as soon as four hours after consumption.
Several carefully controlled studies have shown glucosamine sulfate to be as effective in relieving joint pain as any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) and any of the new Cox-2 inhibitors, without the dangerous side effects such as stomach bleeding, ulcers, liver and kidney dysfunction, and increased risk of heart attack. Glucosamine sulfate has also been shown to have unique anti-inflammatory benefits. Finally, in some laboratory tests, glucosamine demonstrated a protective effect on cartilage. These studies demonstrate that glucosamine sulfate has the potential to build-up cartilage.
Glucosamine sulfate plays a role in other body structures besides joints. It is involved in the formation of nails, tendons, skin, eyes, synovial fluid, bone, ligaments, heart valves and in mucous secretions of the digestive, respiratory and urinary tracts.
· Chondroitin sulfate is a larger molecule also found in cartilage. Research on chondroitin sulfate suggests its use may be beneficial in preventing stress injuries to joints as well as aiding in the repair of damaged connective tissue. This substance aids in keeping cartilage tissue from dehydrating and assists in cushioning impact stress. Some studies suggest that supplementation with chondroitin sulfate can reduce joint pain significantly. Unlike pain killers which only serve to dull the pain, chondroitin sulfate may actually help the body repair damaged cartilage and restore joint integrity. Like glucosamine, it also appears to protect existing cartilage from premature breakdown. Because chondroitin production by the body decreases with age, supplementation with this compound may be especially helpful for older adults.
These two compounds have gained widespread use for the treatment of joint pain. Many people have reported excellent symptomatic relief, comparable to any NSAID, such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
How Much Should I Take?
The dosage that appears to be effective is 1500 mg of glucosamine and 600 mg to 1200 mg of chondroitin sulfate. Take 1 capsule of JointFix with each of three meals and one at bedtime to obtain this dose. Alternatively, you may take 2 capsules with each of two meals.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat or cure any disease.
Joint Fix Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 120
Suggest use: 1-2 capsules with meals and at bedtime.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Chondroitin 4,6 Sulfates
· Children, women who are pregnant, and women who could become pregnant should not take these supplements. No studies have been done to determine their effects on a child or on a developing fetus.
· Because glucosamine is an amino sugar, people with diabetes should check their blood sugar levels more frequently when taking this supplement.
· If you are taking chondroitin sulfate in addition to a blood-thinning medication or daily aspirin therapy, have your blood clotting time checked more often. This supplement is similar in structure to the blood-thinning drug heparin, and the combination may cause bleeding in some people.
· If you are allergic to shellfish, consult your doctor before deciding to take glucosamine. In most cases, however, allergies are caused by proteins in shellfish, not chitin, the carbohydrate from which glucosamine is extracted.